Katie Kuschminder, Ayşen Üstübici
Gabriella Trovato and Johannes Cleas
present the 5th AdMiGov
Massive Open Online Course
This MOOC is about the relationship between development interventions and migration aspirations. Through four case studies – in Lebanon, Turkey, Mali and Ethiopia – AdMiGov researchers unpacked how migration aspiration and migration decision-making relate to development interventions. The case studies captures the pressing question whether development interventions induce migrants’ and non-migrants’ aspirations to stay in their current place or plan to move onwards. The MOOC can be watched in total, or in episodes.
The episodes are:
- Episode 1, Introduction by Katie Kuschminder (University of Maastricht, the Netherlands)
- Episode 2, The case of Lebanon by Gabriella Trovato (American University of Beirut, Lebanon)
- Episode 3, The case of Turkey by Ayşen Üstübici (Koç University, Turkey)
- Episode 4, The case of Mali by Johannes Claes (Clingendael Institute, the Netherlands)
- Episode 5, The case of Ethiopia by Katie Kuschminder (University of Maastricht, the Netherlands)
By the end of the project, the series will consist of six MOOCS at the ADMIGOV media channel, with key discussions, concepts and empirical findings, amd made suitable for students and all who want to learn about the topic. Production: Baris Ozcan, Dr. Ayşen Üstübici and Dr. Nilay Kavur.